Sunday, June 15, 2008

i passed!!

so i had to take the dreaded one hour glucose test the other day to check for gestational diabetes since i am now at 29 weeks along in this pregnancy. i passed the first time with abby, but with every test that comes along, waiting for the results are a pain in the arse. the nurse called me and let me know that i in fact, did not pass the 1 hour this go round, and that i need to come back for the 3 hour glucose test just to double check.

can i just say that the 3 hour test was enough to make me contemplate only having 2 kids in fear that i might just have to endure it again with the next one? i got stuck 5 different times, and my arms look like i'm a drug addict. they are bruised and sore, and it sucks. i had to go in at 8am where they took my initial fasting blood level, then i threw back a bottle of the nasty sugary substance, came back 30 minutes later, go pricked, another 30 minutes, got pricked, an hour later, got pricked, and then another hour later, the nurse got my last and final blood sample. so waiting around in the doctor's office for 4 hours only to feel like a starving pin cushion was not much fun. luckily though, after the test, hubby got me and took me to eat a big ole lunch at olive garden minus the mabster. it made everything right in the world, and i forgot about the horrible morning.

so i got the call back about my test results, and I PASSED!!! thank you dear sweet baby jesus! i was really not looking forward to being on certain diet restrictions and worrying about my blood sugar all day. funny thing is, is that i found out the news last friday, and we went to a bridal party that night where there were brownies and sweet treats everywhere. . .i looked at my twinkie, pointed to it all, and said with the biggest smile on my face, "i can eat that." god is good.

6 comments:

Mommapeas said...

Yay! I couldn't be happier!

random_mommy said...

thank goodness! it would kill me to eat sweets in front of you... I would, but I'd feel bad!!

Hear Their Everywear said...

Congrats!! I was so happy that I did not have to take that one. :)

Becca said...

Congratulations! That (not passing) would suck, big time!

Poodlehead said...

Good for you!! In a strange way that orange pop isn't bad..........am I the only one?

I'm a Mom!..? said...

There has to be a better way for this.. I've done the 3 hours both times and it's cruel and unusual punishment to keep a pregnant woman from food.