Tuesday, July 15, 2008

little lyla's nursery

lyla scarlett's nursery is finally finished! jay's nana made the valances and tiebacks on the curtains for me, and i just love, love, love them. i got them back today and after putting it all together, i couldn't resist taking pictures.okay so the other day, we went to monograms plus where i fell in love with the personalized canvases that they designed there. i asked the lady how much a set of three were, she responded "$100." then asked her how long does it take for them to finish them, and she said "3-4 weeks." i was in disbelief. are you kidding me? i can do that myself, cheap and easy. so i did just that. i went to hobby lobby, got the materials that cost a total of $40 with a couple of extras, and started on them that night. 2 hours later, the canvases were painted and done. i was so proud of myself. for one, for saving 60 bucks, and two, for being able to brag that i did them myself. i know i'm no van gogh, but i was impressed. here's a pic of them hanging over lyla's crib.lastly, these pics are just an overview of the room and a close-up of lyla's bedding. all we need now is our little lyla scarlett. one more month or so to go, and she will be here with us. we can't wait!

7 comments:

Yankee Belle said...

If I didnt know you well, I would think you paid a professional. It looks fabulous!!!!

K-Mom said...

Oh, it looks so cute! What a blessed little baby to get to come home in such style!

Hear Their Everywear said...

That room is fantastic!! Great job!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

You're so good! The twins room STILL isn't finished!!! The canvases look great, well done!

Little Red's Momma said...

It's beautiful Kim! I just love me some brown and pink!!

Kim said...

thank you girls, i'm glad ya'll like it!

Mommapeas said...

It's gorgeous!!!! Great job. Wanna do mine now?