Friday, August 1, 2008

quick pregger update

so i just got back from the doctor today, and it was the first week for him to check me to see if anything has happened down there. i kinda had a feeling something was going on because for the last 2 weeks, i've had some serious contractions and i could tell i was starting to thin out. well, he checked me and his words exactly were "whoa, you're already 3 cm." i was a bit shocked. i expected 1cm, maybe even 2, but 3 already!? sheesh, i need to slow it down. if lyla can stay in for at least just 2 more weeks, this mommy will be very happy. i just feel like there's alot of little things i need to finish before she gets here. i'm thinking that i'll be in serious nesting mode by tomorrow. once i have her sprinkle, i'm headed out for diapers and such so that her nursery is not only complete, but fully stocked. it's crazy. this has flown by way to fast. i'm getting nervously excited which isn't helping my blood pressure. it's been up the last couple of visits, but i've been going to the hospital after all my weekly visits to monitor it, have my labs drawn, and have a non-stress test. with each visit, this takes at least 3 hours and so while it may be a little relaxing to do this without the mabster by my side, i'm still exhausted once i get home. but everything has been coming out fine so that is relieving. just please keep me in your prayers. if i'm not at that many playgroups lately, it's because i'm sitting at home crossing my legs and trying not to sneeze!

6 comments:

nonluciddrivel said...

She'll be here sooner than you think!

K-Mom said...

Take care and relax as much as you can...which is hard, I know with a 2-year-old!

Hear Their Everywear said...

I know how that is. Take an easy, relax and cross those small things off your list! You'll feel a lot better. :)

Little Red's Momma said...

It has gone by so FAST !!!

I'm a Mom!..? said...

Call me if you need anything at all! And for goodness sakes don't sneeze or cough

My2Suns said...

WOW! Time does fly. Have the hubby go get the diapers, put your feet up and relax.