Sunday, November 23, 2008

goodnight twilight

i went to see the movie twilight today with the girls. i went in with a 15-year-old mindset and low expectations, and that's exactly what i got. granted, i know that any deficiencies in the movie are solely attributable to the small budget, but most parts were so super cheesy, it was painful. poor edward looked like he was constipated or ready to puke the whole time. also, i couldn't help but laugh at james who looked like bucky from american idol. he repulsed me. seis said it was worse than a spanish soap opera, and i remember that at one point, i turned to look at her and she was shaking her head. thank god i was with very good company who made the movie hysterical. when we saw dr. cullen walk into the hospital, i think we all died laughing for about 2 minutes...what kind of dye job was his hair!? they couldn't have found a natural blonde or hired a better stylist to do a better job with the color? oh, and the meadow scene...he wasn't glistening, he was sweating. my body lotion has more sparkle in it. i guess i just visualized things so much better when reading the book. looks like my 27-year-old mind is much more creative and dirtier than a 15-year-old's. another thing was that it felt rushed...like bella met him, and then bam, she was so completely in love. there wasn't much depth to their talks before things got serious. granted, i know they had to fit a 600 page book into a 2 hour movie, but show more involvement between them two than just walking down the hall.

it was a good movie, just not my style considering i'm not a tween any more. BUT the 15-year-olds in the bathroom after the movie, LOVED it. and they should. i could imagine that it was right up their alley. lastly, my favorite quote in the movie was when bella jumped on edward's back, and he said, "better hold on tight spidermonkey." wow. if i was drinking something at that same moment, i would have spewed it everywhere! seems like i have found a new quote i can use to allure my jay into bed with me. too frakkin' funny!!

7 comments:

AUbiegirl01 said...

I think I loved it strickly because I had VERY low expectations for it!!! My friend and I were laughing at all the same things you named...I'll stick with my imagination since it was much better!

Seis said...

It was fun.. silly fun. I am glad I didn't brave the crowds to see it. I can see thar being a real disappointment.

Blue Momma said...

It was a good movie. Not the greatest ever, not the worst. I enjoyed it, though I am no film snob like some of my dear friends.....

Maybe my opinion would be different if I had read the book. Who knows? And that dude was SO Bucky from AI!!!

Amber said...

I enjoyed it for what it was--a teeny bopper movie. And I agree that the meadow scene looked like sweat! Too funny.

Yankee Belle said...

I am still too busy laughing... And did Edward's hair grow bigger as the movie progressed!? He is hot but good GOD it was bigger than his head. And then there was poor Jacob. Did he have to be that tribal?! Bad hair yet again!

Anonymous said...

I was just happy I sat in between Christi (who didn't read the books like me so we had NO IDEA what to expect) and Kimmie (who did and would clue me in to what "emotions" they were all having) ~ I could've sworn I saw Edward nut in his pants when she walked into the biology lab!! Too funny!
~ Karla

Kim said...

lol, ya'll are making me laugh!! tribal jacob?...that was awesome. one point for you yankee belle! ;)