Tuesday, November 18, 2008

a mother's love

i just got in from a hot date night with the girls. we like to wine and dine each other every now and then. we went and ate a fantastic dinner at firebirds followed by a movie, "the changeling." let me just tell you guys, that movie was great, but boy did it pull on your heart's strings and hard. angelina jolie stars as the main character who basically is a mom who went to work one saturday morning only to come home and find out that her 9-year-old son was missing. after a few months, the LAPD said that they found her son only for her to realize that the boy they brought to her was indeed not her son.

i could go on and on about it, but i won't ruin it for those who might want to see it. jolie did an amazing job, but boy is she too skinny! anywayz, this movie was an emotional rollercoaster. the storyline just kept going and going...i'd get my hopes up, and then wham, i was in tears again. as a mother, it will make you want to go home and just hold your babies forever. if only we could keep them in a bubble so that nothing bad would ever happen to them. this movie honestly makes your heart hurt when you realize just how strong a mother's love and intuition is. it's amazing.

5 comments:

random_mommy said...

I was just talking about this movie, I am planning to go see it too. I could tell from the previews though that it would make me an emotional mess. I completely appreciate movies like that.

Now I need to go hug my kiddos again!

Kim said...

you will definitely be am emotional mess after watching it RM. it will make you so upset, paranoid, and over-protective of your kids...

basically what we are now, right?! =P

Yankee Belle said...

I am still tearing up... whew. Good times tho, good times.

Amber said...

When I saw the previews, I thought it looked sooo good, but I didn't know if I could handle it!

Anonymous said...

I couldn't handle it - I really couldn't. I wanted to yell and beat the crap out of one of the cops and then I had to force myself to "not think about the situation" or else I would've been hyperventilating with sadness! I get WAY into my movies...
~ Karla