Tuesday, November 11, 2008

rudolph the red nose reindeer

i went out with the girls tonight to enjoy dinner and then an evening at sips-n-strokes. we painted a christmas picture, rudolph the red nose reindeer to be exact, and sipped on wine for 3 hours. unfortunately though my bottle of riesling did not even last until the first hour. i was prepping myself up for success that's all. the instructor said that your work looks better if you step back and blur your eyes so i figured the wine would do it for me. half of us were virgins to the whole experience, and ended up having a great time.we all sat near each other as the jokes were flying left and right...blue momma claimed that her reindeer had tumors and made of fun of the instructor for using the word "whimsical" every five seconds. karla maria claimed her reindeer was hallucinating miniature candy canes and said that she loved my balls all night. then you hear yankee belle saying "huh?" every now and then so the instructor came over to help her out. k-mom walked around and was impressed at how different everyone's looked even though we were all painting the same thing, and my 2 suns worked diligently with a smile on her face. overall, i'd say everyone's paintings look beautiful. mine is already hanging up in the kitchen in preparation of the upcoming christmas season (a bit early i know, but i'm excited!). and oh, did i mention that we definitely left our mark there? just go to the sips-n-strokes located in vestavia, look on the front wall, and you will know exactly what i'm talking about...

9 comments:

K-Mom said...

I had a lot of fun! I'm glad we did this, it was exactly what the doctor ordered.

Good friends...good drinks...good times!

K-Mom said...

P.S. Christi looks pissed that we made her pose for a picture!

Yankee Belle said...

There's goes BlueMomma's witness protection... Good times, good times!

Anonymous said...

Hubby was impressed with mine ~ but then he asked "Can you paint over the mini candy canes?" HA! Too much wine and my painter hand gets frisky...
Had a blast with you girls!
~ Karla

Blue Momma said...

I had a great time. Hope I didn't get anyone else sick since my cold is back with a vengence today.

Punkin loves the reindeer - as he should since he picked it out! He wants to hang it beside his bed...ha! Maybe he can just sleep with it...

And yes, K-mom - I was still painting - besides I hate pics!

My2Suns said...

I think everyone did a fantastic job. I'm with K-mom it is so funny how different everyones turned out since we all started with the same tracing. I'm up for round 2!

Nathan's Mommy said...

I'm impressed. Every one of you did a great job!

Kim said...

thanks nathan's mommy! i didn't realize you had a blog. i had to quickly add it to my blogroll. i agree, i think everyone did a great job, and i'm definitely up for round 2! ;)

Hill Family said...

Looks like fun!