Tuesday, November 18, 2008

sweaty sweat

jay does spin class at the gym 4 times a week during his lunch break. the other two days, he has his jiu jitsu class and of course, sunday is a day of rest. well, when jay endures his spin class, he sweats buckets. and i mean, buckets of nasty, smelly, sweaty sweat. well usually when he comes home every day, he brings up a plastic bag (which the Y provides...thank you, i appreciate it.) filled with his soaking wet work-out clothes. and when i say soaking wet, i mean drenched. one bag alone probably weighs about 2 pounds. no kidding. of course i immediately throw his clothes in the wash because obviously, it's not going to sit there and stink up my house.

well last week, jay didn't bring me up any bags o'sweat. i just assumed that maybe he was slacking off this week, the first time in 11 weeks. i was even going to question him about it, but it just slipped my mind...until he brought up this friday night.yep. there they are. 4 bags of hard-working, fierce cycling, dirty, sweaty sweat. i think i threw up in my mouth a bit as i saw him lay them on the floor. of course he laughs and says, "there you go sweetie," as i groan and think to myself, "did i really sign up for this?"...i guess i did. so into the washing machine they went with the help of some old school latex nursing gloves and a held breath. ack!

8 comments:

random_mommy said...

Your description was guh-ross!! You're a good wife to handle that stuff!

Yankee Belle said...

Glad I am not the only one who gets these wonderful sweaty surprises. Argh.

Anonymous said...

Rob likes to leave me his sweaty boxers after he cuts the grass in the summer with the crotch side up and leaves them on the floor for me to pick up...and i just want to puke....sweaty clothes are totally gross especially sweaty underwear! EWWWWWWWWWWW! NASTY!!

amy

K-Mom said...

Yick! I probably would have "accidentally" confused them with the trash and told Hubby I had no idea where his work out clothes got to...but that's me. That's how I roll.

Kim said...

k-mom, i almost thought about doing that...ALMOST! =P

Poodlehead said...

that is NASTY Ms. Jackson.

Heather S. said...

OMG!! I would have killed him!

Amber said...

Classic. You needed a mask to cover your face and tongs to pick up the nastyness without actually touching it!