Saturday, February 21, 2009

foreplay

so we just got in from a mardi gras themed supper club, and it was a blast. i lost count of the hurricanes that hubby had made me, but boy, were they stout. who really keeps count after they're feeling good anyway? not me. so i slightly remember a conversation where the hubster revealed to everyone about the back rubs i make him give me before we "do the deed." i guess since we're all friends, nothing is sacred any more.

but it's true. back rubs are my foreplay. if the hubster wants it, we both know that all he has to do is rub my back for 15 minutes. he does it and anxiously counts down every minute. "7 more minutes, sweetie..." it annoys the piss out of me because i feel like it takes away from my enjoyment and relaxation. him? not so much. it just builds him up. literally. =P

so we are home now in the wee hours of the am. hubster just has to watch the UFC fight that he dvr'ed while i sit beside him. i'm about to ask for my back rub. again, compromise is crucial in a good marriage, right?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

I've always told Ricky that Abbie needed a shirt that said, "All Mommy Wanted Was a Backrub!!!"

Kim said...

i LOVE that shirt!!! SO true.

Heather S. said...

hahahaha! I always make Matt give me a back rub too.

Raven said...

That is great! I love those backrubs too! We always give them to each other and I Hate...repeat H A T E going first b/c after he is done rubbing he immediatley wants his!! I have no time to relish in the relaxation!

Poodlehead said...

I think that's a great idea! Bryan was mad I said I wanted to adopt that idea.