Friday, February 6, 2009

loaded dice

bunco, bunco, how i art thou love the bunco. let's see. so friday night, the monthly festivities were held at musicmama's house. she had the best damn margaritas that i have ever put in my mouth awaiting us. i honestly think i had 4 before we even started playing. everyone gathered around the different yummy dishes while i stood behind k-mom's infamous tequila tomatoes. so good. the night started off with giggles and dancing to MM's old school playlist...after chattin' it up for an hour or two, we (being spoken in my manliest announcer voice) let the games begin! the round felt fierce and fast. next thing we know, we get to rolling for the number 5, and all hell breaks loose. it seems that after heather rolled her 35th five at her table, seis realized that it was a loaded dice brought by queen b. it was hilarious and definitely the highlight of the night. here's a pic of everyone's initial reaction followed by karla holding the lucky little cube in her hand. it was classic.the games ended, score sheets were turned in, and the roll offs began. the first roll off for the biggest loser was between k-mom and queen b. k-mom wins! this woman is the luckiest bunco player i have ever known. i think she has won every single month for the past 5 consecutive months. she said it's because of good karma, and i believe her. the second roll off was for the most buncos, and it was between laura, my2suns, and me. i was oh-so hoping to win, but alas, my2suns pulled in for the "W." congrats! and lastly, seis won for the biggest winner. no roll off was required. i am also very happy that she won considering she is a contestant in the debt diet. in her own words, "won money is not my money" so she is ready to spend it. hehe. here's a picture of the wieners. err, winners.we all joined back up in the kitchen for a group pic, followed by one with a few of us and the lucky loaded number 5 dice. we chatted, danced a funky little jive while head bopping to naughty by nature's "OPP" (yeah you know me!), and then some of the smokers headed out to the back porch.while on the back porch two things caught my attention. number 1.) musicmamma's dog with a mullet named "snoop." and why yes, she encouraged me to take his picture for a future facebook tag, and number 2.) what i called a "sex swing." and why yes, she encouraged me to NOT upload to the FB. i told her that i would respect her wishes about FB, but that it was making my blog. for you see, compromise is crucial in a good friendship. so as you scroll down, go ahead and shake your heads because again, i blame the 13 years of catholic school for my perverted mind. but hey, at least the hubby is thankful. (wink)

7 comments:

Yankee Belle said...

That was classic. I am still salvating over the thought of drinking those margaritas...

musicmama said...

Iam not sure what I can blame my perverted mind on, but it's nice to know there are others out there like me ; 0 too much fun

Anonymous said...

I told Tre we needed a "sex swing" on our back porch... LOL, enjoyed your home, Maggie - thanks for everything!
~ Karla

Becca said...

Good times! :)

K-Mom said...

Don't worry, YB...I'm bringing you your own batch of tequila tomatoes to eat while you're in labor and I bet we can persuade Musicmamma to sneak in some margaritas, too!

And who knows...Michael Phelps has some time on his hands now, maybe HE can sneak in some ganja and Captain Crunch! Ha! Ha!

Who says labor can't be fun?

Raven said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! I have never played Bunco before but I have heard its a lot of fun. And with a good group of girl friends like that...looks like anything would be fun!

Raven

Kim said...

you guys are cracking me up!!

thanks raven, you are right...good girl friends make everything a blast!