Thursday, March 26, 2009

thursday's thirteen

1.) the mabster is on an "all by myself" kick right now. "i washed my hands all by myself!" "i colored a circle all by myself!" i love her new growing independence.

2.) i love taking showers, but truth be told, i hate blow drying my hair. maybe i should pull a britney and shave my head.

3.) friday night is game night at tita karmie's house. it's time to get our "catch phrase" on!

4.) tonight, i'm meeting up with some friends for some quality girl time at superior grill. we love this place. i mean honestly, you can't go wrong with mexican and margaritas.

5.) i am keeping up with my LOST, no doubt...but my grey's anatomy is a different story.

6.) the mabster received her dance costume yesterday while at class. they will be taking their class and individual pictures in a couple of weeks, and her dance recital is coming up soon. i love this kind of stuff.

7.) i had to bid farewell to my "jana" (honda accord) last tuesday. it was actually very bittersweet. she has been so good to me over the past 7 years. but as fast as we keep reproducing, it was time for something bigger. with open arms, i gladly embraced "big bertha" (nissan armada). and yes, i give my cars their own special name.

8.) "big bertha" is my birthday present (3 weeks early). i can already tell that it is going to be the BEST birthday yet. thank you, jaybear. you don't know how much i love and appreciate my new big mommamobile.

9.) i am ready for a ROAD TRIP!!!

10.) today will be the first day for karla, karmie, and i to all get together and enjoy a bodypump class together. i am feeling the burn already.

11.) monday, we are taking the girls to see the easter bunny at brookwood village. these holidays really do creep up on you fast. i'm just thankful that they already have matching spring dresses to wear.

12.) i actually really like soggy rainy days some times. they make me want to stay in my pajamas and just bum. yesterday, was a good day for it. another plus though was that it washed away all that damn pollen.

and lastly,

13.) the mabster is quiet and shy one minute, and then miss sassy the next. she has now started telling me, "don't do that...NEVER!" i don't mind, but when is she age appropriate to start teaching her the proper usage of double negatives?

3 comments:

Jamie said...

I love this age with the girls....smart mouth but too cute to make you mad. This past weekend Abbie told me, "I the Mommy. Now YOOOOOOOOOUUU listen." (finger pointed at me, hand on hip, eyebrow furrowed....) Hilarious!

Hill Family said...

I so know what you mean about drying your hair - I'm contemplating chopping mine off....we shall see.

Kim said...

jamie - that is way too cute!!

anne - you could definitely pull off a short haircut. either way though, i think you look great.