Monday, April 20, 2009

the terrible two's

the other day, the mabster came up to me, looked me in the eye, and firmly told me, "mommy, do not do that, or i will spank your bum-bum!"

i was taken back a bit, looked firmly back into her eyes all while trying to look serious and hold back all attempts of smiling or laughing, and said, "no ma'am. only mommy can spank bum-bums."

she asked why. i said, "i'm the mommy, that's why."

to my surprise, she laughed at me and said, "no ma'am!" and proceeded to swat at my bum-bum.

then it hit me like a ton of bricks. she is wanting to be me...and good god, i have turned into my mother.

guess this stuff really does run downhill. "the terrible two's" is what it is. terribly funny.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha...at least she say bum-bum! i wont even tell you what my son says!! oops BAD MOMMA!!! i really try hard to watch my mouth....

amy

Karla said...

What a FUN age! I can't wait, or can I...

Kim said...

LOL, i love it amy!!

oh karla, i can't wait to hear what will come out of carson's mouth...if he's any thing like his mother, you better wash it out with holy water! heehee.