Thursday, April 2, 2009

thursday's thirteen

1.) it is officially my birthday month. it is going to be one crazy, busy, spectacular month...let's get this party started, shall we?

2.) lyla is so affectionate and cuddly. i love when she buries her head in my chest or when we are face-to-face, and she grabs my ears and ever so sweetly headbutts me. sweet child of mine.

3.) so after watching LOST last night, i am thinking that jack was meant to come back to the island to save little ben before "the others" could turn him into one of them. hmmm? (furrowed brow) it is getting SO good. next week's episode is going to be epic.

4.) who would have thought that teething tablets would set off the alarm at wal-mart? that's just crazy.

5.) the mabster could eat a bushel of grapes, strawberries, and bananas all in one sitting if i let her. her weakness is the same as mine...portion control.

6.) tomorrow night is bunco. all of the original bunco babes will be able to make it, thus requiring no subs. that's a first in a long time. we're all super duper excited, and have been trash-talking each other all week via mass emails. seis is wearing her lucky polyester dress, and k-mom has been warming up those lucky butt cheeks. game on!

7.) this week has been my annual doc visit for what seems to be everything. got my yearly "oil change" at the ob/gyn on tuesday. today, i am headed to my primary physician for my yearly physical. i get to be stabbed with a needle and have my lab values drawn. lucky me.

8.) lyla is getting on all fours and rocking back and forth now. i put a toy in front of her to see if she would move to get it, and then i quickly hid it. i don't want to encourage having another mobile child. not yet. please dear god, not yet.

9.) did you know that chocolate milk comes packaged just like a miniature juice box? genius, i tell you!

10.) i am helping co-host blue momma's baby shower on saturday. it's going to be a lot of fun, and i can't wait to spoil that sweet baby savannah!

11.) the mabster has been potty-training for awhile now. we've been doing the whole stickers, skittles, and chart routine. i actually started writing a blog about it (picture included) a long time ago, but never posted it. i will have to do that soon. she loves it.

12.) yesterday, we went to dance class, lunch, and then to the park. it is warming up nicely outside now. i broke out a sweat while pushing the girls in the swings. later i saw the pool nearby, and i swear if i was close enough, i would have jumped in.

and lastly,

13.) i had an epiphany yesterday while driving home. it was awesome. it made me realize just how great my friends are and how super close we have all become. furthermore, it is amazing how things always work themselves out for the better. i thank god for that every day.

1 comments:

K-Mom said...

My lucky butt cheek let me down...I knew it was karmically corrupted. Oh well, I guess I have a month to get right with the universe again. :o)