Monday, June 1, 2009

creepy crawlers

the other day while driving in the car, i hear the mabster screaming from the back seat. i turn around and see her pointing to the window behind me and saying, "there's a spider, mommy!!" okay. so i try to stay cool, calm, and collected considering spiders give me the heebie jeebies. i continued to ask her questions...

me: is it big?

mabster:
yes

me: is it moving?

mabster:
yes, it's crawling towards lylabug. (as she slowly moves her arm down as if she was pointing and following it)

me: ACK! (frantically trying to keep one eye on the road as i keep turning back and forth to spot it on the window.) i see nothing and then say again, "where is it?"

mabster: (much higher tone) there it is!!

me:
(nervous as hell and about to pull the car over to kill the creepy crawler when i look at the mabster and catch her smiling)...

(then the light bulb goes off in my head)

me: abby, is it a real spider or a pretend spider?

mabster: pretend! (as she evilly laughs for her own amusement)


lordy child, you are going to be the death of me.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAHA!! she's good!

love it!

amy

Kim said...

too good! where did she ever learn that sarcastic sense of humor!? ;)

Anonymous said...

hmmm? gee i wonder?
amy