Tuesday, June 16, 2009

and they called it puppy love...

are you ready? because we're about to take a lovely stroll down memory lane. why? because jay and i are about to celebrate our 4th wedding anniversary come next thursday, and well, i'm a bit of a sentimental love fool. it's true. not only will it mark 4 years of wedding bliss (aka not killing each other), it also marks 10 years of being together. (10..those are double digits, people!!) so the other day, i browsed through my old scrapbooks and took pictures of my pictures. that's right. some may be blurry, but i don't have a scanner so it will have to do.

here's the run down...
jay and i met on our first day of college at UAB in mrs. nancy price's english 101 class. as soon as i walked through the door, i spotted that blond hair and whispered to karla maria, "there's my date to formal." i was immediately drawn to him. i snagged a seat right beside him only to move it closer inch by inch and have him peer-edit my papers. he was smart. he was witty. he was so shy when we first met. so awkwardly shy. i am getting goosebumps just thinking about it. *squeal* here's our very first picture that was taken together...anywayz, we flirted with each other. A LOT. i remember one day while at break during class, we were joking around, and he picked me up and acted like he was going to throw me over the balcony. as crazy as it sounds, i fell madly in love right then and there. he was playful. we had incredible amounts of fun. we spent every second of the day together and became best friends. i joined a sorority (Alpha Omicron Pi), and jay was a southern gentleman of Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. everyone at UAB knows that the AOPiKappaPhi's are destined to be with each other. we ran with the same crowd and were always at the same functions. night and day. every day of the week.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i LOVE it. you two are so sweet together! i'm so glad that he found you. jason has always had a special place in my heart....he was so dear to me when i was prego with ericka....i will always love him for that. i love you both and your kids make me love you both even more! heres to you and jason and 10 wonderful years ****CHEERS**** and many many more to come!!!!

love you douglas family of 4

~amy

Kim said...

thanks, amy! i'm glad he found me too. :) and i'm glad you and i got a chance to meet each other when everyone use to work at HF together. those were some good times. thanks so much for the cheers...you are such an awesome friend to have, and we love you guys too!
xoxo,
~K

Katie & Frank said...

oh my sweet jesus so many things to say about this I have no idea where to begin! Happy early anniversary 1st of all. 2nd of all I'm travelling down memory lane with you because of the mention of Liquid 360 in the corner of one of your picturesand the AOII windbreaker. .ahh. . .college

Kim said...

thanks, katie! i miss liquid 360. there were some many good times had by all at that place. also, that windbreaker was my favorite. it was actually karla's, but i always made her let me wear it. hehe.

K-Mom said...

My impression of you two has always been that you have a solid, happy marriage because you genuinely seem to like to spend time with one another. I predict many more happy anniversaries in your future!

Congrats on four wonderful years!

Kim said...

thank you, k-mom. your comment made me smile. and for the most part, you are right. we do enjoy each other's company...most days. =P