Wednesday, June 3, 2009

blast from the past

jay found this video the other day, and i couldn't help but want to share it. it dates back from november 2005. jay and i found out we were pregnant with the mabster while we were in las vegas. we waited about two weeks to tell the good news to my side of the family since we wanted to see everyone's reactions. once we got back home, we had to meet with family in celebration of my dad's birthday.

jay and i decided to reveal our surprise to my mom and dad by wrapping up my positive pregnancy test as his gift. that's right, he got a pee stick for his birthday even though it was so much more. my dad was shocked and so incredibly happy. he always said that his life-long goal was to be a "pawpaw." even at our wedding, he made a toast that ended with, "may all your troubles be small ones...with little feet." the man was born to be a pawpaw. watch the video closely. you hear the girly wailing and pitiful sobbing? yeah, that's my dad...a big ole teddy bear. we love you, pawpaw!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww that was that was the sweetest thing ever! i was laughing and crying at the same time!

good stuff!

amy

Anonymous said...

had to watch it again. i love when he pulls the cover off the pee stick! maybe he thought it was a fancy pen! this is the BEST!!!

amy

Anonymous said...

he actually thought it was a toothbrush.
-karmie

Anonymous said...

oh no!that could have been bad! he seemed so happy with the "toothbrush"

amy

BlessedMom said...

This is so sweet!!

Kim said...

you can see my hand slightly go to grab it from him after he pops the top...i was worried he'd start to smell it or even worse, lick it like it was fun dip. he had *no idea* of what it was!

Amber said...

That is so sweet!!! And I'm LOL that he thought it was a toothbrush!

Jamie said...

I am so knocked up....I am crying my eyes out! That was precious!!!!

Hear Their Everywear said...

That was probably the sweetest thing I have EVER seen! I am sitting here with tears and Mason asked me if I was OK! I love your family!