Wednesday, June 17, 2009

continuing the stroll

jay was my firsts for many things. big and little. he spoiled me straight from the start. in fact, i can still remember my mom and mamaw telling him to stop spoiling me before i started to expect it all the time. he told them that he just likes to see me get all happy and excited over something he thought was so small (like i was a kid who got to pick out my favorite piece of candy). for you see, i wasn't use to that kind of treatment. not to say that i never got what i wanted, but it was the little things that spoke volumes to me. for example, i remember when i use to get sick, he'd surprise me with a get well basket full of cough drops, chicken noodle soup, gatorade, card, etc. it was thoughtful. it was the little things.i remember the first time jay took me to marco island, florida to meet his nan. he told me that i was the first girl for him to ever bring down there, and it was a big deal. ack! words cannot decribe how utterly nervous i was. i guess i made a good impression because later, he decided to "lavaliere" me which symbolized that i meant more to him than his fraternity. we started getting serious and inseperable to a fault. i remember wanting to skip out on parties come the weekends just to sit in a corner and watch him bartend at his mom and dad's restaurant. i was weak. i was in love.

4 comments:

jaydoug said...

2nd pic down is my favorite :P

Kim said...

it must be because i'm sucking your face. :)

K-Mom said...

You make me wish that I'd taken more pictures of Hubby and me when we were dating. I always get to having fun and forget and then wish the next day that I'd remembered to take pics!

Kim said...

k-mom, it's easy to forget, especially when you're having fun. i am just crazy about it. but don't worry, i wouldn't mind hiding behind bushes and documenting the rest of ya'lls life together. HA!