Sunday, August 2, 2009

family day

i heart our sundays. every thing seems so calm after the day before, that it just seems that much more needed for it to be "just us." instead of calling mamaw and asking her to come down and watch lyla for us, we decided to take her out swimming and on the boat. that little one enjoys making splashes in the lake more than her big sister. here's a picture of me with my girls just a floatin' around.the sun popped out, thus calling for my favorite...cruising around on the boat. just a takin' in all the scenery and spirituality of it all. for you see, we rarely go to church during lake season. because in a way, i feel like the lake IS my church. cruising around allows my mind and body to relax and think about the bigger things in life. you know how some feel good about themselves after listening to a good sermon or even after a good work out? well, cruising around on the boat provides that same euphoric feeling for me. it cleanses my mind and makes me appreciate my life. it is a feel good that is extremely hard to put into words. i digress. so here is a picture of little toshy all bundled up and enjoying the ride. see the mabster? yeah, she's rocking those crooked sunglasses.we drove around for two hours. we scoped out all the lake houses that were for sale and wondered how much they cost. one fine day, i say. one fine day. retirement can't get here soon enough. here's what the girls looked like after the first hour....yup, asleep. all bundled up and passed out.and lastly, on the way back to our dock, we saw some people who needed our help. it appeared that the guy's battery on his boat died, and well, he had his whole baseball team on the boat with him. seriously. i counted 17 teenagers on that boat. so jay being the good samaritan he is, stopped and offered to pull their boat back to their house for them. the funny thing is, is that jay does this for someone every single time we are up there. he is like a magnet for hopeless broken boatmen. my only conclusion is that his karmic lake points have started overflowing by now. maybe that golden rule will come in handy one day. now i leave you with a picture of jay and his girls (minus me of course. i'd love to squeeze in for a seat on his lap, but i don't think it's happening.) btw, toshy can steer the boat like nobody's biznaz.

2 comments:

Yankee Belle said...

Poor Jay...I guess his Karma is that his boat will NEVER break down. That is probably the best Karma. I love riding around on the lake. God is there...

Kim said...

:)