Sunday, September 13, 2009

transcending

i didn't know what a moms group was. i had no idea. absolutely none. when jay and i decided to start our family years ago, he gave me the option of staying at home to raise our child. i felt blessed. i know how hard he works day in and day out to allow me to witness and appreciate all of my children's first and special moments. i took the mabster to gymboree classes, the zoo, the mcwane, etc., but i just felt like something was missing. i wanted my child to have friends. to learn how to share, interact, and play in ways that i cannot teach them on a one-on-one basis. furthermore, i needed "me" time. so jay told me to join a moms group. i googled it, joined, and the rest was history.

today, while reading our message board, it hit me. hard. i don't know what i would do without the friends i have formed in my mommy group. they are amazing. one battled breast cancer and survived so a couple of us are supporting her in the 5k run for the upcoming race for a cure. team name is "becca's boobie squad." jay plans to run in it too. it's the big and little things about this group. we are all here for each other. we're all in the same boat. just trying to be the best parent we can be. we are each other's support system. if you mess with one of us, you mess with us all. it's a loyalty that is unbreakable and a close-knit bond.

lastly, a friend sent me this video, and it portrays exactly how i feel about this group. watching it really touched my heart. i know i am a syrupy sap, but it is the truth. so thank you to all my "pigeons" out there in The Real Housewives of Birmingham. i definitely would not have my sanity if it weren't for you great ladies. i love you all.

4 comments:

Karla said...

LOVED that video - made me all teary-eyed. Thank you SO much for coercing me to be a part of the Mom's Group. You are right, it is tryly amazing to be a part of something so special. Love you, my Kimmie.
PS. The new layout and pic are beautiful!! Go Blazers! ;)

Seis said...

This made me cry. It epecially hit home now, with the upheavel my family is facing. I hope we are all still connected even through all that lays ahed. This was great.

Kim said...

thanks, karla maria. i'm so glad you joined too, especially since we get to experience a lot of the same things, and our kids love playing together. love you more!! xoxo

and stace,
i thought i was the only one who cried when i watched it. i think her essay spoke volumes, and that we should definitely make that book our next book club read.

also, we will definitely still be connected despite what ya'll are going through right now. if anything, it will make us stronger. don't hesitate to ask if you ever need anything. xoxo

Melanie said...

That was so touching. I cried too. It really means a lot to know that if you need someone, you guys are there! I know I don't get to hang out as much as the others, but I do still love to hang with you guys!