Thursday, November 12, 2009

thursday's thirteen (the thankful edition)

in the honor of thanksgiving fast approaching, i have decided to make this week's "thursday's thirteen" on a more serious note. i want to express what i am thankful for. also, i've been in a "quotey" mood lately so i will provide one after some of the listings. here they are and in no particular order...

1.) friends. they are as awesome as they come by. reliable, loyal, fun, sincere, appreciative, sarcastically witty, and honorable. they posses good intentions not only to me, but every person they come in contact with. they are good people. guess this explains why they are my friends.

"People who have warm friends are healthier and happier than those who have none."


2.) music. from sappy country songs that make me cry to anything i can shake my laffy taffy to, i lurves it.

3.) my family. they have raised me right. they've taught me to always use my better judgement. they've taught me how to be a team player. how to strive for the best, win with class, and lose with dignity. they supported my every move. i love them for that, and only HOPE that i can do the same for my own kids.

“the love of a family is life's greatest blessing.”


4.) military. with veterans day being yesterday, i'd like to acknowledged and take the time to thank our armed forces who have and continue to serve our country. i am amazed at what they do for us and our freedom. thank you.

"ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country."

5.) humor. luckily, i surround myself with those who enjoy it as well. life is hard. but it doesn't have to be SO serious. lightening up and laughing about yourself, things you love, and things you hate is by no means a bad thing. seriously. try it. i promise you that it will make your life an ounce happier. i am thankful that i get the opportunity to laugh. and repeatedly.

"laughter is the best medicine."

6.) God. the man upstairs knows what He is doing. i've witnessed it time and time again. when i put my faith in Him, it helps ease every situation. it's the knowing that's comforting. and it's the continued belief that makes me who i am and the character i strive to exhibit.

"God understands our prayers even when we can't find the words to say them."


7.) sleep. i know i don't get to see it half as much as what i did before i had kids, but i am still thankful. my sleep is a necessity.

8.) sisters and best friends. they are one in the same, and i would have NO.IDEA. what to do without them in my life.

"a sister is a gift to the heart, a friend to the spirit, a golden thread to the meaning of life."

9.) my husband. he is my ROCK. he supports me. he laughs with me. he understands me. he makes fun of me. he reassures me. he sets me straight. he loves me. and he reminds me of that every day. thank you.

"if i know what love is, it is because of you."

10.) my girls. they are amazing. damn straight, i am beyond biased. but believe me, they make a mother's heart swell up with pride. i love you, mabster and toshy.

11.) the internet and today's technology. as a SAHM, i thrive on good conversation and communication since obviously i spend most of my time negotiating with a 3 and 1 year old. i enjoy keeping into touch with old and new friends, and many social networks nowadays allow me to do that. it's wonderful.

"the trouble with the internet is that it's replacing masturbation as a leisure activity."

12.) my kids and their friends. as a mother, i want my children to enjoy playing with their fellow peers. to appreciate each one's differences and uniqueness. to interact. to learn. to laugh. to share. and more importantly, to love. that's what life is all about.

and lastly,

13.) this blog. it makes me happy. it's somewhere i can go to document my normal daily activities. because when i'm old and gray (saggy too), i'll remember certain trips, holidays, and big events in my family's life...but i'm fairly certain that i won't remember the quirky funny things my kids say and do. or better yet, remember the look on their faces when caught on camera. this archived collection is a necessity for me. so thank you, my bloggy blog.

"we do not remember days; we remember moments."

0 comments: