Tuesday, November 23, 2010

baby #3...

(disclaimer: this was written by jaydoug himself...)

Twas the night before the ultrasound and all through the house, not a creature was stirring not even a... heck, who am I kidding we were too excited to sleep in anticipation of what baby #3 would be. Before we knew it, it was morning time and Abby and I were out the door as I dropped her off at school and then headed to work. The time slowly passed until it was time for Kim to drop Lyla off at Stacy's house. It's crazy thinking back that this same scenario played out almost 3 years earlier when we found out we were having Lyla. After Kim picked me up at work, we pondered what life would be like with a 3rd and before we knew it we were at the doctor's office being called back to the ultrasound room. Baby #3 was being difficult at first, all bunched up not wanting to "show the goods" until finally the tech announced we were having a girl. Kim looked at me and we both shared a big smile along with cheers to her name. I knew at that moment that I would be one lucky father to 3 daddy's girls. We had decided on the name "Jemma Aubrey" with the help of Karmie. We liked the unusualness of it, even though Karmie told us that it was once popular in older literature. We also wanted it to be a namesake for PawPaw and once we looked up it's meaning and realized it stood for "dove," we were sold. Quickly after our visit, we set out on the task of notifying family and updating facebook statuses of the exciting news. On the way home, Kim reminded me of all the things that I'd be in for when it came to 3 sisters since she knows from experience. I laughed and told her that I'd consult with her dad for advice on taking care of so many girls. I just smiled, kissed her on the cheek and said "yes dear." I guess I already have a good start. :) We can't wait to meet and hold you, Jemma.

P.S.
Because of you, I don't have to paint another room. Thank you.

Love,
Daddy