Tuesday, May 24, 2011

potty training...

it's been real. it's been fun. can't say it's been real fun. i loathe potty training, i do. especially when i have a baby that won't let me put her down and a highly active nearly 5 year old. so we're in the midst of it with lyla. i'm just waiting for the week...or two...to stay locked inside and go completely cold turkey. it's hard though considering we are always on the go. no excuses, i know.

so the other day, lyla tells me that she has to tee-tee. we run to the bathroom, she sits on her big girl potty, (nothing happens), and then she jumps up screaming, "i tee-tee'd, i did it!!!" ya'll...she was SO excited. as a mother, it's hard to not want to celebrate with her excitement too, but i knew what happened was a dud. i look at her, smile, and say, "but i didn't hear the music play." (rewind: music is played as soon as tee-tee or poop hits the censor in the bottom of the potty.) you know what my sweet little mess then proceeded to do?....

she looked at me. flipped her big girl potty completely over. and pushed the tiny button under it that plays the music. the whimsical tune started to sound off...

i stood there in shock. i did not know this button even existed. clearly, she did and knew how to work the system. so there you have it. i've been out-smarted yet again by one of my kids. let the potty training keep on truckin'...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this cute story. I thought I was the only one struggling with potty training. I've now concluded that my daughter will probably be in diapers forever.

Anonymous said...

My 2 1/2 yr old daughter does the same thing. Potty training is going to be the death of me YET but at least her K2 & K3 teachers will be there to help out too.

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Hilarious!!!