Thursday, June 30, 2011

thursday's thoughts

1.) Reach high, for stars lie hidden in your soul. Dream deep, for every dream precedes the goal. -Pamela Vaull Starr

2.) Everything I know about current events, I learn on Twitter. #SGP

3.) Woke up with two bloodshot eyes & now I have two quarter size blisters on both feet. NOLA is kicking my arse. And I'm lovin' every second.

4.) At Pat O'Brien's Piano Bar and listening to them jam out to "Baby Got Back" followed by "Easy Like Sunday Morning" followed by "Dixieland." Fantastic. #NolaBitches

5.) Exhausted to the bone. #NeedVacaBecauseOfVaca

6.) Tried to take a nap & still couldn't fall asleep. Running on a collective two hours. Rockstar, I am. #NolaBitches

7.) Words cannot express how good it feels coming home to a super clean house & forgetting you left it that way. #HomeSweetHome

8.) Always seems to put off what I should be doing until the last minute because I think I work best under pressure. #WTFisWrongWithMe

9.) Sweet baby JemJem has found her right hand & she likes to munch on it All.Day.Long. #LoveMySweetLilButtercup

10.) While driving, a big spider falls down from my ceiling, scaring the #^€*¥ out of me. I am now driving with one hand on the wheel, and the other holding a shoe. #NotEvenKidding

11.) Packing for two people (which do not include a single kid) is night and day from packing for a family vacation. Only one bag? Really? Yes, ma'am! #NightAndDay

12.) Thanks to Tita Karmie, I'm have started my "homework:" #PrettyLittleLiars Season 1 on DVD. One word: Addicted. One adjective that precedes said word: Insanely. We've stayed up watching till 3:00am every single night. #WhoNeedsSleep!?

13.) Feels like poop & sounds like an 80 y/o male smoker thanks to strep throat & severe tonsillitis. Augh. #JustCutOutMyThroatAlready

14.) Really wants to blog, but this sweet baby won't let me put her down. And I'm okay with that because I love these little moments that won't last forever. #CuddlingOnARainyDay

15.) #TheBachelorette is such a trainwreck. I seriously don't know why I continue to watch. Ashley cries more than hormonal 15 y/o. What's next?

16.) Neighbor is burning firewood outside & it smells like Fall. Not that I ever want to rush time, but is it football season yet!? #WarDamnEagle

17.) Strep throat has sucked all the life out of me this week. The upside? At least now I can swallow. #ThatsWhatSheSaid

18.) Went to the library today to listen to my big sis give a presentation about her experience in #PeaceCorps Western Samoa. Still so proud.

19.) My heart melts every time my girls tell me, "Mommy, I love you infinity." Well, I love them infinity x infinity. #TheyMustWantSomething

20.) News reports that a dead body was found at the bottom of a Massachusetts public pool. It had been there for 2 days & no one knew... #WTF

21.) Loathes when I forget to bring my baby stroller when I have to walk around & navigate for miles all while carrying 5 bags & other stuff. #ForgetfulMom

22.) My nearly 5 year old just announced that she was the boss of this house. Clearly, I missed that memo. #SerenityNow

22.) Is proud to announce that my newest nephew, baby Grant, has arrived today on July 1st. Weighing in at 9 lbs 9 oz and 20 3/4 inches long. Mommy (Karla) & baby are doing great! #BigOleButterball #ThankGodForCsection

23.) (Knock on wood) Lyla is about 98% POTTY-TRAINED!!!! #HipHipHooray

24.) Upcoming events: 4th of July weekend at the lake and Mommapalooza at the beach...it's on like Donkey Kong!!! #AreWeThereYet?

25.) Sweet baby Jem-Jem is eating rice cereal now. I've got the cutest video and pics of the yummy messy madness...will have to upload soon. Hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th of July weekend! xoxo

0 comments: