Thursday, September 15, 2011

thursday's thoughts

1.) When I grow up & all 3 of our girls are in school, I want to volunteer many hours at #ChildrensHospital so that I can give back to others what I feel has been blessed upon me and my family.

2.) "Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving." -Albert Einstein

3.) So happy that football season has finally arrived. Even happier that we got to spend it all day with the best of best friends. #FavoriteTimeOfTheYear

4.) There are some days where all of your kids meltdown at the exact same time. Today was one of those days. #MommyNeedsWineDueToWhine

5.) Neurotic tendency #742: I really enjoy getting my girls' bookbags, lunches, folders, clothes, socks, shoes, etc laid out each & every night.

6.) Just finished watching the movie, "The Forgotten" with Hubs. Now I'm a bit freaked out & can't fall asleep. #SleepIsOverrated

7.) Have you ever gotten to know someone better now via social media and then wished ya'll could have been better friends during high school? Yeah, me too. #LoveReadingOtherPeepsBlogs

8.) I married a thirty year old man who still says, "Cool beans." #Dork

9.) "Saying nothing sometimes says the most." -Emily Dickinson. #DayOfSilence #9/11WeWillNeverForget

10.) "If there must be trouble, let it be in my day, that my child may have peace." -Tom Paine, 1776

11.) Bought cupcakes & lemonade from our neighborhood kids' stand. Don't mind added calories to show support of little ones learning how to make a hard earned dollar. #LifeLessons

12.) RT @FauxJohnMadden: Cam Newton throws for 422 yards in his NFL debut. Sounds like all this time he was actually underpaid at Auburn.

13.) Been up since 2am. Hospital, lunch, L's school, L's dance class, A's school, A's dance, home, Lola's house, pick up dinner, back to hospital. #IsItBedtimeYet?

14.) Random fact #649: I can spot Big Bertha in a parking deck from miles away. #ThankfulForATank

15.) All the nurses & doctors here absolutely adore squeezing our chunky monkey's thighs. The nurse anesthetist even grabbed one & said "biscuits" then grabbed the other & said, "gravy." Cracks me up. #BabyRollsAreTheSweetest

16.) Confession: Thanks to be confined to this hospital room, I have never watched this much tv in weeks. Actually months. #TVHasMissedMe

17.) You know the man you married is devoted to family when he takes off work for a week using his vacay time to spend it in hospital w/ his girls. #ILoveThatMan

18.) Visited sweet baby Levi in the NICU today. Seeing him hooked up to ECMO brought back so many overwhelming feelings. #PrayersNeededForLevi

19.) RT @capricecrane: If I had access to time travel, I'd use it to go back and cash in on some of those naps I was always refusing as a kid.

0 comments: