Thursday, October 13, 2011

thursday's thoughts

1.) When we're home, I can't seem to keep clothes on my little midgets. They want to be nekkid all.the.time. Even when the neighbors come over. #MyCheekyMonkeys

2.) I wish I was as thin as when I thought I was fat back in high school. Like, fo' realz. #YouKnowItsTrue

3.) Gotta love and appreciate some highly affectionate, syrupy sugary sap filled texts messages with the BFF on a Saturday night. #AtHome&InOurCups

4.) Hubs has been working his arse off the last couple of months. Like so hard I'm sure he can barely keep his pants up, his arse may be gone. On the flip side, this means that I've been doing everything I can to make other areas of his life easier. We may struggle with the crazy chaos of it all, but the job gets done. And by the end of the day, we know our hard work is building up our character. And isn't that what life is all about? #StrivingToAlwaysDoYourBest

5.) Abby-ism #762: "I have awesome Mass manners. Like the best ever."

6.) Baby Jem-Jem is now 7 months old and starting to sit up all on her own. She is still a bit wobbly every now and then so we place the boppy behind her. #SweetestThingEver

7.) Never fails the minute my quiet kids hear me start talking on the phone, they're immediately all over me & up in my biznazz. #SerenityNow

8.) Dear #Groupon, 4o bucks for a 90 minute massage? Don't mind if I do! #HowDidYouKnowINeedThis

9.) Respect people who find time for you in their busy schedule. But love people who never look at their schedule when you need them. #Pinterest

10.) Me: "I can't hear a flippin' thing. My right ear is clogged." Hubs: "What?" Me: "I can't hear a flippin' thing." Hubs: "What?" #Smartass #HeSoFunny

11.) I don't do it often, but some times I have to play "possum" on the floor of the girls' room in order for them to fall asleep. I usually lay there thinking i'm absolutely crazy. then minutes later, i hear their snores fill up the room as i quietly sneak out and pat myself on the back. #MotherhoodRocks

12.) God doesn't give us what we can handle, God helps us handle what we are given. #Pinterest

13.) Happy to report that my friend's baby (Levi) is finally off ECMO after 44 days due to being born with congenital diaphragmatic hernia. Please continue to pray that his gases are within normal range and his lungs fill with air soon. #ConstantlyPrayingForBabyLevi

14.) We have got to start slowing things down. I'm aware that parenthood is go, go, go so "enjoy it while i can"...but my kids are 5, 3, and 7 months. the older two are currently in two activities within the same season (abby: dance and cheerleading, lyla: dance and soccer). there is rarely a weeknight where we are all at home at the same time before having to rush back out the door. luckily, jay and i are a pretty darn good team and he will step up and take one to practice while i stay in with the other two and a pounding headache. i am very thankful for that. furthermore, my kids are tired. mommy is super tired. there is homework every night and it's just kindergarten. that said, i swear on all things holy, that i will NOT over-commit myself or my kids to another activity when they are already currently doing another. it's time to cut back and relax. #CheersForSanity&Simplicity

15.) Confession: At 1st I thought it was shameful of Sara Evans to remake Rodfather's "My heart can't tell you no." But now? Now I absolutely love it.

16.) You know you are stressed out when you go to roll your neck & all you hear are the sound of rice krispies popping around. #MommyNeedsAMassage #SnapCracklePop

17.) Lyla-ism #750: "Don't close the door or the monster will eat my toe-toes."

18.) "When I tell you I love you, I don't say it out of habit, or to make conversation. I say it to remind you that you're the best thing that ever happened to me." #Awww #Pinterest

0 comments: