Thursday, January 26, 2012

thursday's thoughts

1.) After picking up Lyla from school, she tells me..."Alex cracks me up. He said he pooted in his panties." #FunnyBoy

2.) Favorite Spann-ism of the night: "This storm has hung in there like a rusty fish hook...like a hair in a biscuit." #Whaa? #LovesMyJamesSpann

3.) "The best security blanket a child can have is parents who respect each other." -Jane Blaustone

4.) RT @TheBloggess: I just received 2 unsolicited emails to tell me I've unsubscribed from getting unsolicited emails. #Touché

5.) Abby likes for me to play with her hair and rub her back for two minutes before she falls asleep. She is definitely her mother's daughter. #SnugglesAndCuddles

6.) Baby got over pink eye & now has bronchiolitis & a double ear infection. She's absolutely pitiful & it hurts my heart. #With3Kids1AlwaysSick

7.) "When I die, friends will go to my funeral, good friends will cry at my funeral, but my best friend will change my facebook status to "Chillin' with Jesus." #Pinterest

8.) Best thing about siblings is when baby likes to play the game: "Throw my rattle & someone else pick it up for me." #HoursOfAmusementForAll

9.) RT @FillWerrell: "Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy cake and it can buy beer. I would say that's about even."

10.) Martina McBride's song, "Love you through it" makes me whimper like a puppy whose tail just got stepped on. #CancerSucks #MustChangeRadioStation

11.) You made me laugh so hard, tears ran down my leg. #Pinterest

12.) Running on no sleep with a sick baby and a huge painful zit under my nose while my sleepless eyes twitch & sting. Wednesday, have mercy.

13.) I can relate: No matter how old you are, no matter how badass you think you are, when a toddler hands you their ringing toy phone, you answer it. #Pinterest #OhYesYouDo

14.) life lesson #762: never assume a three year old is too cute & innocent to lock the rest of her family out of the house while they enjoy dinner outside on the back porch. because it will undoubtedly happen. oy vey.

(here's an explanation) one night this week, jay grilled out some scallops and corn for us. we decided to eat outside since the weather was wonderful. well lyla went in to get a juice box and closed the door behind her. then she played a game of peek-a-boo behind the blinds and vanished for two minutes. i went to open the door after her and it was locked. we tried telling her how to unlock it, but she just twisted the knob the whole time and said she didn't know how. admittedly, i started to slightly panic without trying to freak her out.

Surprisingly she wasn't scared, but she did get impatient and annoyed that she couldn't understand how to unlock it. once the door was opened, abby told her, "lyla, don't ever do that. who would make you a corn dog or chicken nuggets if mommy and daddy can't come in? you'd only be able to eat yogurt and applesauce." i think big sis said it all.

Jay said, "Thankfully we didn't eat hamburgers for dinner and I was able to pick the door with a fork." Hooray for utensils and the fact that it wasn't double-bolted. #LifeWithKids

1 comments:

A Mom to Two Lil' Ones said...

Number 14 is a constant fear of mine!