Saturday, October 27, 2012

zombie 5k run

i'm the type of gal who is usually up for anything...at least once. combine that with the fact that it is extremely hard for me to say no (i'm trying to get better as i age, i swear) and you can count me in for any crazy silly adventure. yep. i'm your go to girl.

that said, one of my awesome friends, stace, asked if anyone would be game for partaking in a 5k zombie chase with her located at the hargis retreat in chelsea. she provided the link and details of the run and i thought, "sure, i can handle that...easy peasy, lemon squeezy since the obstacles looked nothing compared to the ones i watched my hubs endure during his toughmudder stint last year." sign me up!

so stace came up with a team name of "bloody mary sprinters" and made us all matching red t-shirts. we were all nervously excited since we knew zombies would be chasing us while trying to pull off our red flags on our backs. at one point, one zombie chased me down with a lawn mover and i lost a shoe in one of the double mud pits. i wore a go pro video camera on my head and recorded bits and pieces of the run. it's on youtube if you ever want to search for it. the title escapes me at the moment, but i'll have to find it and post again later. 

anywho, it was a lot of fun with friends and i'm so glad i did it. my lovingly family came to laugh, errr i mean support me and after the race we all celebrated and toasted each other with halloween cups full of blood orange mimosas. needless to say, i may or may not have signed up for the "dirty girl" mud race that is coming soon too...

0 comments: